Monday, March 6, 2017

There will be no Bull riding....


OOOOkkayyyyyy, 

So, little story about my email title... I had interviews with my mission president on Saturday. It's always a wonderful time seeing good ole president Griffin. I love him, and he just cracks me up. we were the first ones to interview with him... and before my companion and i headed into the room, he goes "im a little grumpy today, but maybe if i talk to you girls first ill be nicer to the elders... this could be an interesting day!" HAAAA. He totally wasn't grumpy.. he was just his fun, sassy self. My two wards have a rodeo coming up with Saturday, and we were talking about bulls, and animals. President Griffin starts talking, and then he says: "Now, i dont want there to be any bull riding...." and i noticed that he's just looking at me... and he says "yeah, look who im looking at... sister arnold you are not allowed to ride a bull. I know you would do it" HAHA WHAT. What a funny guy. Needless to say, i got out of interviews alive, and all is well in the Phoenix Arizona mission. I just love my mission president and his wife. Great people. 

Anyways, this week was good. We are teaching and 11 year old girl. She is just adorable, and i love the lessons that i have with her. She has so many good questions, and it automatically brings the spirit in. I love it. We talked about Joseph smith, the Book of Mormon, and prayer yesterday. Im excited to see her next Sunday, and hear all of the questions that she has. 

Something that i have really learned on my mission is that nobody can force you to do anything. It makes me sad to hear about people who have been "forced" into going to church, meeting with the missionaries, ect. That is not how you gain a testimony, and that is not Christ like love. Christ would not make someone convert, christ would love them and try to help them along the way. Im thankful for parents, friends, and teachers who did not force me. And loved me despite my sassy attitude. I am grateful for this church, for the knowledge of this gospel, and for growing testimonies. Mine is growing every day! Love those around you, everyone is battling with something and you just dont know when they need someone to talk to. Be like christ! 

Love you all... 

-Sister Arnold 



Sorry not very many pics today... 

1. I made it in the APM newsletter... for being disgusting... 
2. Part of my area!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment