Monday, January 23, 2017

When you scare your companion.... literally everyday




Heyyyyyaaa.

For those of you who remember.... I love to scare people. And all of
my poor companions have suffered through his while being with me. I
have literally scared sister christley every day this week. And every
time I do, she screams so loud and it's just the funniest thing. I
love scaring people....

ANYWAYS.

This week was really really good! We had the opportunity to do a lot
of service this week. I'm not sure if y'all know about the "just
serve" app/ campaign. But it's really cool!! There's an app that
allows you to see what service is needed around the area. This
organization called "Project connect" was a service that we did this
week. We all met at one of the stake centers and basically helped the
homeless for the entire day. People give donations to this
organization so that we can help the people get clothes, showers,
food, ID, haircuts, licenses, food stamps, and a lot more stuff. So
what we did, was we got a packet of the persons information and we
were their tour guide/ friends for the day! It was really fun. We
would walk around with them, gran some food and talk about the things
that they needed to get done that day. The first guy I was able to
help was named Kyle. He has been living on the streets for 2 years
now! So, we sat down and ate some food and got to know him better. We
took him to get a haircut, clothes, and some other things. It's really
cool to see how grateful he was for this service. And plus it just
felt good to help him out!

We had a lot of lessons, and fun times this week. Transfers are next
week... (AH!) so we will see where I'll be going or if I'll be
staying.

I have been reading a lot of out the New Testament lately and I love
it. It's cool to read about the parables that Christ teaches to the
people.

Continue to serve, love, and be as Christ would be.

Love y'all.

-Sister Arnold




No comments:

Post a Comment